Arising from the continuing discussions between authorities in St Vincent and the Grenadines and Barbados, Barbadian companies and people are being requested to contribute gadgets to a listing of urgently wanted provides for the individuals of that nation.
Since yesterday, emergency companies there have been grappling with the consequences of La Soufriere volcano’s eruptions, which have to date resulted within the evacuation of 1000’s of homeowners from residence close to the explosions and the disruption of the on a regular basis lives of tens of 1000’s extra throughout the nation.
The requested gadgets are (H = excessive precedence; M = medium precedence; L = low precedence):
- Water Tanks (800-gallon capability) H 500 Goal – 100 shelters
- Water Tanks 1,000-gallons capability) H 500 Goal – farms and livestock
- Buckets (5 gallons) H 5,000 Goal – shelter laundry and bathe
- Folding Cots H 0,000
- Moveable Potties (Bogs) H 150 For Shelters
- Blankets H 30,000 For shelters
- Discipline Tents (20ft x 20ft) M 30 For shelters
- Discipline Tents (10ft x 10ft) M 20 For shelters
- Discipline Kitchen M 2 Present meals to the shelters
- Sleeping Mats L 1,000 Contingency for shelters (in lieu of cots)
- Respirator masks with filters H 1,000 Goal – entrance line and first responders
- Reflective Vests M 2,000 First responders and volunteers
- Warning Tape (100ft roll) M 100 Cordoning of emergency websites
- Hygiene Kits H 10,000 For Shelterees/evacuees
- Disinfectants H 5000 gallons
- Bleach H 1000 gallons
- Liquid cleaning soap H 5000 gallons
- Water for full inhabitants of the nation — 110,000 litres for 30 days
- Consuming and home hygiene water H 12,774,194 gallons
- Consuming water 24×500 ml H 40,000
- Consuming water 12×1 litre (7 days’ provide) H 28,000
- Consuming water 4×4 litre H 45,000
- Water bladders collapsible H 20,000 (To be offered in minimal portions of 5-gallon bottles)
- Water bladders collapsible H 50 100 gallon
- Water bladders collapsible H 50 200 gallon
Whereas emergency officers there are making preparation to supply every day meals for about 20,000 Vincentians and are asking for help, they’re requesting contributions in money, which must be transferred to the Caribbean Catastrophe Emergency Administration Company’s (CDEMA) Emergency Help Fund at account quantity 10 3666 589 at
FirstCaribbean Worldwide Financial institution, Rendezvous, Christ Church.
All individuals desirous of aiding ought to ship gadgets from the above checklist — apart from money — on to the HMBS Pelican base of the Barbados Coast Guard on the Mighty Grynner Freeway. Please be aware that solely gadgets on the checklist will likely be accepted, and people ought to due to this fact chorus from taking random donations to the Coast Guard base.
Roy R. Morris
Press Secretary to the Prime Minister